Ok…I might be a bad person, but I am a complete hockey chick. I mean really…love the college football. But my sports soul breaths a deep sigh of relief at the cold, crisp air of freshly shaved ice covered with sweaty men with big sticks. Mmmm….what could be better than that?
Oh…it got better when Sarah Palin touted herself as the original Hockey Mom and went to Philly on a promo tour. Apparently, she dressed her daughter up in a Flyers jersey and said that would keep her from getting booed. Well, not so much. The Flyers had to turn the music up to kill the boos. And, in her usual ‘I get stupider with every moment’ way, Palin attacked Philly fans for booing her daughter.
- REALITY CHECK…what type of mother hides behind her child?
- ANOTHER DOSE OF REALITY…they were not booing her daughter…they were booing Palin!
- ONE MORE SHOT OF REALITY for the plastic VP candidate from Alaska… if you had ever been to a hockey game, you would know that THIS is hockey.
Of course, the collateral damage in the whole thing is that poor real hockey mom that had to stand down on the ice with Palin, the Captains from both hockey clubs that had to go stand by her for promo shots (look at the video–they look like they are being forced to eat raw squid–hat trick anyone??), and that little girl who had to hear how much an arena full of people disrespect her mom. As for Palin, I say….Philly was one of the original six in hockey. Maybe…like with your political career…you should have stayed in the minors.
Here are the videos:
- Palin Booed At Flyers Game (edited video)
- Sarah Palin Booed Flyer Game (unedited, view from the seats)-you can really hear the protests from here!