I am given to rip articles out of magazines and carry them around until I figure out what I wanted to say about it. Now is the time…there was an article in Glamour magazine (August 2008) about women’s sexual fantasies. Some of these fantasy “facts” ranked high on my WTF meter. Let me know what you think…
Under the question of “Are your sex fantasies normal?”:
- 29% of women feel guilty about their fantasies.–Feel guilty? For what? Get over yourself and enjoy the ride.
- 72% of women say they fantasize during sex to get turned on.–I find this sooo sad. If he is not doing it right enough to get you turned on, then teach him how!
- 64% of women say they dream about sex in a public place.–one car, one parking garage, two people….and it will literally rain inside that car from the steam!
- 30% of women say they have acted out ONE of their fantasies.–Just one? Come on now…the other 70% need to get in gear.
- 47% of women say that their real sex life is better than their fantasies.–Again, you have the power here. Make your sex life as spicy as you want it…act some of those fantasies out!
Under the question of “3 weird things that are very normal:”
- Fantasizing about Submission
- Wanting to have sex with a stranger (27%)–I think that the other 73% are LYING! How many women have never seen a man in a bar or in the grocery without the thought of ‘getting a piece of that?’ Just once?
- Fear of a partners fantasies
I want it said that there is NO normal when it comes to fantasies. As long as no one is suffering permenent damage and all parties are consenting (and of age), the normal is what sexually turns us on and gives us the most sexual pleasure! This bothers me greatly because I dont like the idea of segregating sexuality by “normal” or “abnormal.” What might give me hot flashes might leave the next woman cold! Lets not set a standard….lets just share techniques! 😉
- An Ex (52%)
- A Celebrity (51%)
- An Older Man (39%)
- A Man in Uniform (38%)
- A Boss (23%)
- A much Younger Man (22%)
Why do we fantasize about the unavailable men? The dangerous ones? It might seem like forbidden fruit, but really…the fruit you can have can be very juicy too! ~~Dee