Although I tend to write about and support women in all endeavors, this should be in no way interpreted to mean that I do not have an immense respect and love for the men of the world. Admittedly, I expect tons out of a man and what I love about men is usually the things that I like about strong women. So, I feel comfortable that there is not hypocrisy or a dichotomy at work here. As I have said before, men are not responsible for any woman lacking the courage to take control of her sexuality.
But, this morning, for once, my focus is not women. My focus is the men in our lives that make us stronger. These are the men that:
- Comfort and support us in vulnerable times without making us weak.
- Celebrate our sexuality and sex with us as the sweetest of playmates without exploiting or degrading us.
- Listen to our thoughts and dreams with a sparkling hope of empowerment that makes us believe in what is possible.
- Step up to make us laugh when needed and offer a shoulder for tears when necessary.
- Stand in front of us when the wind blows and behind us when the world collapses.
- Engage with relish in playful arguments and banter with high respect for the sharp wit of an intelligent woman.
CinnKitty, her soul so good and pure, said to me that she wanted to honor an incredible person in her life: her best friend who is “man doesn’t get the recognition he deserves.” She was referring to his touching post: Let’s get personal for a second. I was inspired by his post…and her heart. CinnKitty, you have chosen your friend well as I am sure that he, like me, feels fortunate for your presence.
As I also have two amazing men in my life, The Marine and My Favorite Scorpio, I will say that I understand completely. Men, such as these, make women everywhere stronger by doing more than just accepting who they are…they inspire us to be more than we thought possible and enjoy the person we create. Thank you to all. ~~Dee