Sex. In America an obsession. In other parts of the world a fact.—Marlene Dietrich
I love this quote. I want to start off by saying that because it shows the gaps in perception all over the world about sex. It is an obsession and a limitation here. Throughout the world, sex experts are revered for their professions like doctors and lawyers. Here they are called names and taken to court. It strikes me with a deep sense of mission to travel to other places in the world and see how freely women celebrate their sexuality. It also strikes me as obvious how much happier those societies seem to be.
None the less, I have been amazingly fortunate to meet some amazing women in my few weeks here. So many, it gives me heart to know they are out there…carrying the banner of accepted sexuality that they use to make themselves strong and alive. (Oh my….I feel Helen Reddy coming on again!!). But, when I passed to Finns blog (http://grrlathr.com) and her offer for an interview, I thought….public exposure, personal questions about sex….danger, danger, danger! Ok…I am in! Kisses to Finn for the fun…and I did love it….and my hopes that she keeps stepping out on the edge. As her “about” page says, “its about me!” Damn straight it is! By the way, I stole the quote above from her page, but I told her I was going to…so, I guess I owe her a table dance and a vodka (both of which I have offered her)!
Here are the results:
1. What’s the funniest pickup line a guy ever tried on you? Did it work? A guy once told me that I “had the finest ass in 5 states!” It did not work for two reasons. First, that was just stating the obvious and I like a man to be creative. Second, I wondered which five states and believe seriously that my ass could hold its own in the other states.
2. What is the one thing you think every woman should know? You are born sexual. From birth, we have the right to be sexual human beings. You have only to claim what is yours already.
3. Who is your personal hero? Wow…this is so difficult. Dr. King…maybe above all others…because he taught people to believe in themselves and their potential with grace, dignity, and respect. He taught that human beings are worthy of the grace God gives them. Maya Angelou because her words have moved millions of women over generations to accept their role as a “Phenomenal Woman!” Late Addition: Marilyn Monroe because she accepted and used her sexuality when women REALLY did not do so. Then, I have a tremendous support network of my hubby and my best friend (both men!) who tell me to go out and conquer the world today. It is incredible to be surrounded by such empowerment.
4. What one thing do you think you could never live without?: Mind blowing, orgasmic sex…soul shaking…and sensual. I have a shoe fetish and a weakness for chocolate. I would (have) given up both for great sex. That does not mean just the basic fulfill your needs interaction. Each time..every time…amazing…..I cant live without!
5. Just how sexy are you?: I believe the first step to accepting your sexuality is confidence. You have to believe you are sexy and you HAVE to love yourself. I expect people (men and women) to watch me when I walk into a room. It happens. I am sexy because I believe I am. Not to be confused with arrogance, confidence takes no prisoners, shows my own belief in my self-worth, and my passion for the person I am with.
Bonus: I am not threatened by strong, sexy, beautiful women. Just the opposite, I want them on my team…the secrets we could share…the world we can dominate….the fun we can have!
Now it’s my turn! Want to get interviewed here? Live and in living color??? Here’s how!
1. Leave me a comment saying “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with a post (if you have one!) containing your answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
If you are saying to yourself…..”danger, danger, danger”…..then take my hand and step outside of your box. The fear only lasts a second, but the freedom lasts a lifetime!!~~Dee